[Qgis-user] Ctrl ++

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri Jul 31 04:54:54 PDT 2009

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:44:41 +0200
Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Otto Dassau wrote:
>
> .../...
> >> One last thought: at least as an option, should not zooming re-center
> >> the image so that the
> >> current position defined by the pointer become the new center?
> >>

> > I think that's how it works. You can somewhere and the new center is also
> > the zooming center, or do I missunderstand?
> >
> >  Otto
> >
> If I put my cursor on a clear land mark close to the bottom-left corner
> and hit the up key,
> the landmark does not become the new center. Related to this, I recall
> having seen a way to center to
> cursor position (and then I could zoom as currently done) , but cannot
> find it.

with the keyboard you usually pan to your area of interest, so it appears in the
center of the map window and then zoom in or out. I don't know, but I think the
feature that you remember does only exist with the mouse, like activating the
zoom in icon and then clicking on an area somewhere in the map window.

 Otto