[Qgis-user] Ctrl ++

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 07:00:55 PDT 2009

Borys,

Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Friday 31 of July 2009 13:44:41 Agustin Lobo napisaƂ(a):
>
>> If I put my cursor on a clear land mark close to the bottom-left corner
>> and hit the up key,
>> the landmark does not become the new center. Related to this, I recall
>> having seen a way to center to
>> cursor position (and then I could zoom as currently done) , but cannot
>> find it.
>>

> Agustin,
>
> Maybe I don't understand something, but now you can either:
>
> a) press the Ctrl++ to activate the mouse zoom tool and then click at the point
> you want to zoom+recenter

But you have to click with the mouse, which is inconvenient in the
field. Much better get Ctrl++ zooming where the cursor is at once.

> b) use arrow keys to center this point and then the PageUp to zoom in. Note that
> in this case you don't need to care where the mouse cursor is.

This is better and good having it, but implies many keyboard
inputs. In the field you need quick and simple tools.
> You are proposing to mix these two approaches, what seems a little inconvenient
> for me, as it requires too many eyes and hands :-)

TNTmips does it this way, it's very handy: You normally want to zoom to
the position
where you have your cursor, that's where you are looking at.
Also, having to pan to center the point is bad because you
want to keep your references (often you look at the landscape
and at the screen), so often you find your point of interest
to be far from the center. Once you make sure that's the point
you want, you just hit a key (Ctrl++) and zoom there.

Agus