[Qgis-user] Calling WMS 'Plugin' from a CSW plugin...

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Jun 3 06:22:06 PDT 2009

Hey Folks,

I am working on a plugin that wants to take the result and pass it to
other plugins.

One plugin is the WMS tool... OK it may no longer be a plugin but that
is how I am considering it.

I am playing with the OGC CSW spec to make a CSW client for inside
QGIS...

What I want to do is this. From a python plugin I want to

1. Create a new WMS server connection by passing a name and url combo to
the WMS tool
2. have the dialog pop up with the new server connection populated and
layers displayed.

That way all the user needs to do is choose the layers they wish to add
and then click ADD.

This is in the hopes the CSW client can exploit other service specific
tools/plugins.

Any thoughts?

P.S I assume this is a user question and not a developer question as
this is dealing with scripts and not QGIS core.

Cheers