AW: [Qgis-user] Calling WMS 'Plugin' from a CSW plugin...

Hugentobler Marco marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 3 07:35:24 PDT 2009

Hi David

It is possible to add/remove entries in the WMS connection list from plugins by using QSettings. Have a look at qgsserversourceselect.cpp/h and qgsnewhttpconnection.cpp/h to see how it is done.

However, it is not possible to pop up the WMS dialog from plugin, because QgsServerSourceSelect / QgsNewHttpConnection are in the app module and not exposed to plugins. So the sound solution would be to move qgsserversourceselect.cpp/h and qgsnewhttpconnection.cpp/h from the app to the gui module.

The quick and dirty solution would be that you copy those two classes to your plugin (but that only works for C++ plugins, e.g. is done for WFS with qgsnewhttpconnection).

Are there any objections if we move QgsServerSourceSelect / QgsNewHttpConnection to gui?
QgsNewHttpConnection is also used by WFS (and my OGC SOS plugin in progress), so I have no doubts about this class. QgsServerSourceSelect might still be usefull for third party apps.

And of course we are interested to hear about progresses with the CSW plugin :-)

Regards,
Marco