[Qgis-user] Calling WMS 'Plugin' from a CSW plugin...

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Jun 3 07:57:02 PDT 2009

C Headers are scary (smile)... Will avoid at all costs. I'm a geo geek, not a genius....

I am sweating bullets enough with getting my brain wrapped around QT, pyqt and qgis API...

If moving things to the gui end of things means I can achieve this goal then I am in full support. I don't want to write a new WMS plugin if I can reuse existing ones.

Perhaps other people would want to call the tool.

I will want to do the same with the WFS plugin eventualy and also tie into a georss plugin I have collecting dust. All about code reuse.

The plugin is coming along, I hear there are others interested in CSW and QGIS... We'll see where things progress. Right now it is a professional development project for working with specs (same with georss plugin).

Cheers