[Qgis-user] QGIS citation in the FAQ

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Jun 16 03:20:04 PDT 2009

Hi Agustin,

in your case, maybe the Geoinformatics article written by the current PSC
members for the QGIS 1.0 release in February this year can be used.

I added the link to the article on the wiki "Journals" page. It would be
great if more people can provide links to other articles about QGIS there. It
wasn't used for quite some time, so maybe we can start/awake the list again.

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Journals

In my opinion it always depends. If you want to add a reference to the
QGIS project in general I would use:

"Quantum GIS Development Team, (2009). Quantum GIS Geographic Information
System. Open Source Geospatial Foundation Project. http://grass.osgeo.org

but if you prefere to cite from an article, maybe you find something in the
Journals page.

Regards,
 Otto