[Qgis-user] Public Repository for plugins...

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Jun 16 05:33:00 PDT 2009

 Well, I assume that the two plugins I posted will remain in the wild as they are designed from a tester's point of view and from an educational point of view.

I would say that plugins that are general enough to benifit ,majority of QGIS users make it to the core. For the other SPECIALIZED plugins a group to review them might be a good idea.

I imagine that most of this would depend on the community, for prolific authors might hold more weight than the one times and the learners.

A process that merely checks off criteria versus worthiness might make a lot of sense.  Making the process objective instead of subjective.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers