[SPAM] RE: [Qgis-user] Public Repository for plugins...

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Tue Jun 16 06:39:08 PDT 2009

Tuesday 16 of June 2009 15:18:37 Sampson, David napisaƂ(a):

> For a community plugin repo I assume that multiple authors might be involved
in the development of a plugin

> For the element... <author_name>Someone</author_name>
>
> Can this be a comman separated value.

sure

> I am thinking of automaticaly generating this from an AUTHORS.txt file
>
> Also, is there an e-mail optio we can add or

Not yet, but is definitely essential! Sometimes it's really hard to contact the
author, as email is not included even to source files.

We can add a tag <email> or include emails to the <author_name> tag. The latter
option is better for multiple authors as I think.

So let's allow both solutions. Installer will both handle the <email> tag and
parse everything looking like an email from the <author_name>.

Of course this could be also an easy pray for spamers, so we need to find the
best way to format email address.

> what about a URL to an AUTHORS file?

The main blocker is free space in Installer window ;) If authors are ready to
provide more info (screenshots, longer descriptions, changelogs), we can make
Installer more verbose and implement a big browser for pretty formatted
metadata.