Autodesk software, was: Re: [Qgis-user] Editing: advanced vs. basic, dropdown menus

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 00:02:49 PDT 2009

QGIS at work, JOSM (openstreetmap.org) at home.

what I like in josm
1. shortcut keys
2. easily select an element way/node in osm speak (middle-click,
ctrl-middle-click)
3. create circles from 3 nodes
4. simplify lines and align lines
5. orthoganalize polygons
6. right-click to pan

Just some things we can adapt in qgis.  Of course data model is
different but functionality can be useful.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Paolo Cavallini<cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>> I have access to Autodesk software (Map3D, Topobase), though I have to
>> admit that I am not a regular user of the software. I am more the database
>> administrator, my colleagues do the data entry work.
>
> Thanks a lot Andreas for the thorough review. It would be good to fix
> these points on a wiki page, to keep on with a design overview that may
> lead to more concrete specifications.
> Any other suggestions of other tools to get inspiration from?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

cheers,