[Qgis-user] Segmentation fault

Evert Groenewald evert at coldsea.co.za
Mon Jun 22 10:41:15 PDT 2009

I have the latest Qgis installed, version 1.1.0-2.11 from the openSuse
11.1 x86_64  repos. When starting qgis the splash screen appears and
then nothing. When starting from the command line with the command
"qgis" it simple states "Segmentation  fault" and stops.

evert at linux-inzk:~> qgis
Segmentation fault
evert at linux-inzk:~>

I've removed qgis and its configuration files, reinstalled all with the
same results. Could it have something to do with the python version?
Installed  version is python 2.6.0-2.21.1 . I know that at some point a
python upgrade was incompatible with the qgis installation on openSuse
11.1  .

Will appreciate any help.
Thanks
evert