[Qgis-user] qgis bugs

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Jun 27 11:55:03 PDT 2009

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> Our bug squashing initiative: http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Bugs is having
> mixed success:
>  -on the positive side, a number of bugs (some of them quite
> long-standing) have been squashed, in a very cost-effective way
> - on the negative side, only very few of you have donated, which is
> quite surprising, considering that now thousands of people use QGIS,
> also in professional situations.
> Similar considerations apply to our general fund raising initiative,
> especially aimed at making possible the next developer meeting:
> http://www.qgis.org/sponsorship.html
> Please remember that even a small contribution can help significantly.
> All the best.

Maybe we can post a letter to CTO/Decision makers and put a donate to
the bug squashing effort page on the QGIS site. That way larger entities
that are using QGIS might get the message. IE: the IT person goes to the
site for a download and see's the letter, passes it to their boss and
says, we should contribute as it will help our bottom line.

At this point we just may not have reached the right ears with the
message since the mailing list is a very small number of actual users
and the wiki site, well somehow I doubt many people stumble across that.

Alex