[Qgis-user] new manageR

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 17:26:25 PDT 2009

Hello listers,

I am pleased to announce a new version of manageR is now available in my
plugin repository (http://www.ftools.ca/cfarmerQgisRepo.xml or via the
plugin installer using 3rd party repos). I am particularly happy with
this version, as I think it is a major improvement over the older
manageR. The interface is cleaner, and the console is more like a proper
R console, so R users will likely find it easier to use. Multi-line
commands can be entered line by line, or pasted into the console (type
Ctrl+H in the console to see usage details), and layers can be imported
and exported to and from manageR using simple keyboard commands.

This plugin is still in relatively early stages of development, but it
should be safe enough to not destroy your data ;-) If you would like to
help me improve manageR, and make it more stable, please report any bugs
or suggestions using my google-code site:
http://code.google.com/p/ftools-qgis/  or if you prefer, you can email
me at: carson_dot_farmer_at_gmail_dot_com. I will also add more
information to http://www.ftools.ca/manageR.html over the next few days.

Requirements:

QGIS version 1.x -> http://www.qgis.org/index.php
Rpy2 version 2.0.3 -> http://rpy.sourceforge.net/rpy2.html
R version 2.7.1 or higher (>= 2.8.0 recommended) ->
http://www.r-project.org/
Numpy version 1.x.x -> http://numpy.scipy.org/

Cheers,

Carson