[Qgis-user] Maximum length for text attribute in shape?

Michael Pfeiffer Michael.Pfeiffer at bd.so.ch
Tue May 12 01:37:59 PDT 2009

Hi Alex

thanks for answering.

two ways how I get the result:

a) Make a new empty Shapefile and generate a string attribute.
Trying to write more than 80 signs doesn't work.

b) Load a database layer with a attribute having more than 80 signs.
Convert it to a Shapefile.
The text is cut off after 80 signs.

So it seems to be a Qgis problem and not a format problem.