[Qgis-user] qgis & mrsid used to work

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Nov 2 12:12:38 PST 2009

Hi Mark,

On Mon, 02. Nov 2009 at 13:29:31 -0500, M S wrote:
> I had a working QGIS and Mr SID, but just did an update to Karmic
> which installed new qgis and grass (same versions?) and subsequently
> broke the mr sid relationship (I cant add MR SIDs to QGIS).

ubuntugis doesn't support karmic, but has GDAL 1.6 and qgis therein is build
with it.

The qgis repository has a karmic version, but is build against plain ubuntu and
therefore only supports the version in plain ubuntu (AFAIK 1.5).

You should not mix both.

So to my knowledge you can't currently have QGIS with GDAL 1.6 on karmic unless
you build GDAL and QGIS (packages) yourself.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden