[Qgis-user] qgis & mrsid used to work

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:23:54 PST 2009

What is odd, is as of last friday, I had both QGIS Mimas and GDAL1.6.0
installed and working with mrsid, on 64bit Karmic and 32bit Karmic.

This morning an update was applied for qgis and grass, and mrsid with
QGIS stopped working on the 64bit platform.  Interestingly, on 32bit
Karmic, my QGIS is still working with GDAL 1.6.0 and MRSID.

As a user, I dont fully understand the packaging and linking.  Does
this page indicate there are Karmic qgis, grass and gdal packages?
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntugis-unstable   looks
like the qgis-karmic was updated 20 hours ago if I understand that
correctly.

Initially, I had qgis/stable PPA and ubuntugis/unstable PPA in the
sources.list, so perhaps I goofed something up.

Thanks much for the help and information.
Mark