[Qgis-user] .debs for latest proj, geos, gdal, grass64, gdal-grass-plugin, qgis_unstable under Karmic-64

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Nov 2 21:22:36 PST 2009

I would say yes and no. The normal place for this stuff is on the
Ubuntugis repo, but those packages should be done via normal Ubuntu
packing policies as much as possible, so it's probably not a good idea
to upload checkinstall debs.

I would encourage you to join the ubuntugis email list and launchpad
team to help with the ongoing package maintenance. Jachym as far as I
know is still maintaining some packages in a repo but with our
encouragement is moving them to the ubuntugis so there's one place to go
 for everything.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the proper method for packing
too. Instructions can be found on both launchpad and the ubuntu help pages.

Thanks,
Alex