[Qgis-user] qgis on xubuntu 9.10 - won't start

Nik Go nikolai.go at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 22:44:35 PST 2009

I recently did a clean install of 64-bit Ubuntu 9.10. Qgis was working fine
until i installed the xubuntu-desktop (well, at least that's the last thing
I remembered installing.) and now I couldn launch qgis. No error message is
displayed on the screen.

Tried to do a backtrace but I get the following message:

> "/usr/bin/qgis": not in executable format: File format not recognized

Tried calling qgis from the command line and I get the following:

> Python support ENABLED :-)

Loaded : fTools (package: fTools)

Bus error

And then it returns me to the $ prompt.

Anybody else experiencing anything similar? Looking for pointers here.

/r
Nik