[Qgis-user] connect the dots

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Nov 9 07:19:16 PST 2009

> Is there a mean in QGIS to convert a series of points to a polyline?
> I would like to create some tracklines from series of telemetry
> points to summarize movement/migration paths. I hope I've overlooked
> something but the commands I see tend to be dissolution rather than
> aggregation of features.

Hi Declan,

don't know a tool like that (but I'm not authorative for that...), but the
first thing I think of is the fTools-functionality of Carson Farmer (in
Vector menu of Qgis). It already does things like that. Maybe it's worth a
feature request to him?

Another option would be to write a python plugin for it? Or add it to the
plugin-wishes list if you do not want to do it yourself:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Vector_Support_Wishes

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde