[Qgis-user] Debugging QGIS using MSVC

InterRob rob.marjot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:21:07 PST 2009

Dear list,

It has been quite a struggle to get QGIS to compile on my PC using MS Visual
Studio 8 (2005). At the moment, it seems like all binaries compile
correctly, but all in separate folders... Executing QGIS.exe (
(...)\qgis-1.3.0\build\src\app\debug\qgis.exe) results in a message of
missing dlls.

How am I supposed to Run / Debug QGIS from MSVC? Pressing the "play" button,
MSVC asks for which executable file to be used for the debug session.

Any help is appreciated. I guess I need some post-linking process that
copies newly built QGIS files? And some more static Qt binaries.

Rob