[Qgis-user] Re: Attribute precision AND view selection only

mtnbiketrail at zzz.com mtnbiketrail at zzz.com
Sat Nov 21 09:04:09 PST 2009

I have a point shapefile that has latitude and longitude in decimal
degrees as attributes. Out of the 1000 points, I only  want to display
certain points by using filtering. While I can select the filter, the
display doesn't change. that is, it still shows all 1000 points. The
attribute table shows only my filter, and I checked the "show selection
only" box.

So I did the next best thing and saved the selection as a shapefile, and
loaded that new shapefile. However, the decimal degrees gets "rounded
off" to an integer. I can see in the original attribute table there is a
precision of 0 set for the latitude and longitude column, but I don't
know how to change that to a precision of 000000 to get my full latitude
and longitude to show in the new shapefile.

QGIS 1.3 on Windows XP
novice user
thanks,
Tom