[Qgis-user] What is the matter with QGis versus MS Windows?

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 08:07:31 PST 2009

Hi all!

Usually I just don't answer to such emails but in this case I completely
agree with Paolo. Moreover I'd like to say that nobody is forced to use
Linux. Just use the operating system you think that is best for you.

And as paolo said it seems that you're a user that don't want to invest
something (time, money, love). So what? - if you use Windows - you
obviously have enough money to buy it - so what about using GIS Software
written just for Windows? (ESRI?)

It is indeed just easier to compile and write open software with and
under open software (sic!)

I for my person can just say a big thank you to all the people fiddling
around with a Windows build .. and releasing QGIS also for Windows.
(brings me to the question why MapWindow is Windows only)

I like the viewpoint of not asking which program is running best on my
OS rather then which OS is working best with the program i like to use.

Complaining about things others created is the easiest way to go.. Come
on join us - and bring your experience with windows to QGIS. I know
thats the harder way -  but much more people would benefit from this way
then from a complaining mail (wheres the bugreport?) and not
recommending QGIS for Windows systems.

But I still hope that you give QGIS a try from time to time when windows
support is improved..

regards
Werner