[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Re: user guide italian translation

alessandro.sarretta at inwind.it alessandro.sarretta at inwind.it
Mon Oct 5 00:44:27 PDT 2009

Thanks for this hint Yves, after changing the encoding, now I can see the right
accents :-)
Ale

15 Alessandro Sarretta, vous avez écrit :

>> I see in the "italian" tex
files that
>> instead of accented character (è, ù, ...) there are strange
symbols (è,
>> ù, ...). How can I manage this?
>> Otto suggested me:

Encoding of text file for italian translation are in UTF8. If you open this

files with a text editor and if it is setup in "latin1" for instance, and

save the file (just save) then the text file will get the new encoding

definition but the accentued caracter will be changed by è, etc. (ie utf8

encoded in latin1 encoded file).

> When opening such file, alway check accent
and encoding caracter. Sometime you
> can choose the encoding configuration
like in Kate on linux.