[Qgis-user] Re: Transformation beetween projections

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:27:04 PDT 2009

El mar, 13-10-2009 a las 18:52 +0200, Piotr Pachól escribió:
> Hello Alex and Borys,
>
> I attached 2 shp files in two projections EPSG 2180 and EPSG 2175.
> Each shape file contain 2 points with coordinates which should be (you can
> see coordinates also as columns of attributes).
> When you display these files in EPSG 2180 (with turning projection on the
> fly) data shift is approximately 130 metres.
> When you display these files in EPSG 2175 everything seems to be all right
> (data shift 0,02 meter).

I can confirm this using Mimas in Ubuntu 9.10.

> Prj files in both projections should be OK too.

Actually the srs definitions in your shapefiles are not the same as in
my database. Find attached the .prj files I get creating shapefiles in
EPSG:2175 and EPSG:2180, they are different than yours. Anyway I can
reproduce the same problem using them.

Goyo