[Qgis-user] Re: Transformation beetween projections

Piotr Pachól piotr.pachol at wodgik.katowice.pl
Tue Oct 13 09:52:40 PDT 2009

Hello Alex and Borys,

I attached 2 shp files in two projections EPSG 2180 and EPSG 2175.
Each shape file contain 2 points with coordinates which should be (you can
see coordinates also as columns of attributes).
When you display these files in EPSG 2180 (with turning projection on the
fly) data shift is approximately 130 metres.
When you display these files in EPSG 2175 everything seems to be all right
(data shift 0,02 meter).

When I use the transformation:  Tools-> Data Management Tools-> Export to
new projection - it is the same problem.

Transformation in both directions of these files in Esri software is OK
(data shift 0,02 meter).
Prj files in both projections should be OK too.

I hope this should help find the reason of wrong transformation.

Piotr