[Qgis-user] Map Composer template

Benoit de Cabissole cabi at mweb.co.za
Thu Oct 15 06:30:02 PDT 2009

Hi All,

QGIS MIMAS 1.3.0-3 (standalone, downloaded from QGIS website two weeks ago)
MSWindows XP Home SP3

Reporting below 1 problem, and 2 questions/feature requests

a) I'm using the map composer to save template*s* of different views of my
GIS.
Each successive template saved is bigger and bigger in size, while the map
components are the same (about 10 items).
A look inside the template (*.qpt) shows a number of repetitions of the same
item that keep growing with each successive saved template!

Is it a way to clean the memory the map composer is using? Is it saved to
disk, and where?
Closing down QGIS and restarting it does not solve the problem at all. It
seems the map composer has a memory on its own and that it does not
forget...

b) Still on the map composer, is there a way to "scroll" through all the
items in the map. If I remember correctly, old versions of QGIS did have
that feature (?)

c) Also, is there a "New map" feature in the map composer? Meaning: clicking
a "New" button clean up the map composer window and present a blank page.

Cheers,
Benoit