[Qgis-user] how to size a vector layer polygon

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 00:08:32 PDT 2009

Fred LaPlante wrote:
> I am trying to adjust a set of property maps based on georeferenced
> scans of paper maps. While the georeferenced images aren't bad as
> pictures, they are poor regarding dimensional accuracy.

What method did you use to georeference your scanned maps? If you
haven't tried it already, try a higher order polynomial. I think you
will want to georeference the scanned map as best you can rather than
trying to manipulate the vector map. In case of the latter you would
be better off in a CAD app.

Craig