[Qgis-user] how to size a vector layer polygon

Fred LaPlante flaplante at flos-inc.com
Sun Oct 18 13:56:41 PDT 2009

I am trying to adjust a set of property maps based on georeferenced
scans of paper maps. While the georeferenced images aren't bad as
pictures, they are poor regarding dimensional accuracy.

I have traced the geoTiff images onto a vector layer of polygons. I have
set my project to use a projection (UTM) that enables me to measure
distances on a map in meters or feet. The original paper maps have
dimensions shown. I now want to adjust the length of the various
polygons to their correct length. But I cannot find a way to show the
dimensions of a line as I draw it  I really do not want to use the
measuring tool in a trial and error process as there are hundreds of
polygons to be corrected.

Is there some plugin I have overlooked? I know there used to be an
Azimuth and Distance (v. 0.3) plug-in, but that now shows up as
incompatible with qGIS1.3.

By the way I am using Win XP as OS.

Fred LaPlante
Mercer, Maine, USA