[Qgis-user] getting started: home/qgis_sample_data/gml/lakes.gml data source invalid or unknown

Aldo Piombino aldo.piombino at tiscali.it
Wed Oct 21 09:26:31 PDT 2009

hello, I'm beginning to learn qgis with ubuntu 09.04. but I have a very
early problem: I have downloaded the "qgis sample data suite". As the
"qgis manual" says, I opened the raster "landcover.img". but when I try
to open the vectorial layer "lakes.gml" the loading system write:
/qgis_sample_data/gml/lakes.gml data source invalid or unknown, even if
the loading system writes that I'm searching a *.gml or *.GML file.

In what am I wrong?

thanks

ps: I have the 1.o.1.kore version

--