[Qgis-user] Re: Cartogram creator not working

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 07:33:32 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:31 PM, Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com> wrote:

> True, I was using an inappropriate layer, sorry for the noise.

No problem - could the plugin check if the layer is a polygon layer?

> You should consider that sometimes 0 are present?
> (ZeroDivisionError: float division)

I agree - that should be checked and caught - I had the same error.
But I am also just a user and not the author.

Cheers,

Rainer

Agus

> Carson Farmer wrote:
>
>> Hi Agus,
>>
>> The 'Generate Centroids' name is simply me reusing code, I'll fix this
>> later...
>> as for not being able to select anything, all I can think of is perhaps
>> you don't
>> have a valid polygon layer loaded, or if you do, perhaps it doesn't have
>> any numeric fields?
>>
>> Carson
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com<mailto:
>> alobolistas at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi!
>>    When I run plugin Cartogram Creator a window named
>>    "Generate Centroids"
>>    pops up in which I cannot select anything in field
>>    Input Shapefile
>>
>>    (qgis 1.3.0 ubuntu jaunty from ubuntugis-unstable binaries)
>>
>>    Cheers
>>
>>    Agus
>>

>> --
>> Carson Farmer
>> National Centre for Geocomputation
>> John Hume Building,
>> National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
>> Maynooth,
>> Co. Kildare,
>> Ireland.
>> www.carsonfarmer.com <http://www.carsonfarmer.com>

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Cell:           +27 - (0)83 9479 042
Fax:            +27 - (0)86 516 2782
Fax:            +49 - (0)721 151 334 888
email:          Rainer at krugs.de

Skype:          RMkrug
Google:         R.M.Krug at gmail.com