[Qgis-user] Trying to Print: KML and Open Street Map

Aaron Kreider aaron at campusactivism.org
Tue Dec 7 18:12:29 PST 2010

I'm trying to print a layer of points (kml) on an Open Street Map.  I'm
hoping to get the highest resolution possible - so I can print them out
at 600 dpi.

QGIS 1.6

I use the OpenLayers plugin to get the OpenStreetMap layer.

I add the kml data.  I zoom in a couple times (to the state of
Pennsylvania).

It looks fine in QGis.  Now when I try to print it using "Print
Composer", I select "add a map" and create a box for the map.  The map
shows up fine.  But when I try to export it to an image (or pdf) it
shows my kml markers on a *completely different* open street map
background.  It looks like it zoomed in 3-5 times on openstreet (and
changed the center point), but the kml layer keeps its original projection.

Am I using the best approach?  What should I do?

Thanks,

Aaron

--
Energy Justice Communities Map Developer - http://www.energyjustice.net/map