[Qgis-user] bugfix and cheating

Greg Coats gregcoats at mac.com
Mon Feb 8 08:23:54 PST 2010

Paolo is lying, again.

I happily offered to pay $1,000.00 for the release in January 2010 of Qgis executables for the popular platforms that start up a publicly posted sample .qgs project file, in no more than 30 seconds.

Paolo informed me today that he, as Qgis manager, has decided not to offer Qgis executables based on Qgis Subversion 12827 of 2010-01-23 or later, until after the next major release of Qgis, at some unspecified time, months from now.

As recently as 7 Feb 2010, Paolo admitted in a public message to the Qgis community that the most recent Qgis executable available for Linux users is still based on the old, version 12730 that takes 10 minutes to start up the sample .qgs project file.
Greg