[Qgis-user] quantumnik - mapnik on OS X

Mike Swope mswope at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:20:19 PST 2010

Hi, I've been setting up my new machine, a Mac server.

I've been trying to get the quantumnik plugin to work.
I've been more or less following the steps outlined here
http://mojodna.net/2009/12/05/the-os-x-spatial-stack.html

I have the mapnik package found here
http://dbsgeo.com/downloads/
and everything seems to work there.

However when I try to add the plugin...I get the following:
The plugin seems to be invalid or have unfulfilled dependencies. It has been
installed, but can't be loaded....Here is the error message below:
"The plugin depends on some components missing on your system. You need to
install the following Python module in order to enable it: mapnik"

So my guess is I'm using the python 2.6 from python.org, and QGIS is using
another one. The QGIS I'm using comes from Kyngchaos, with the frameworks
(non standalone).

Any pointers?

Thanks