[Qgis-user] Othos and QGIS forum

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Jan 30 03:25:42 PST 2010

Tom Mort wrote:

> I am new to Quantum GIS and have a couple questions.  I have some
> layers from an Arcview GIS that I can use, however, I am having
> trouble with an ortho layer.
>
> For the ortho layer I have 5 files.  They are .img, .img.xml, tif,
> .aux and .rrd.
>
> The layer shows up on the left part of the screen and I can see its
> properties and so forth, however, I can't view the ortho image.
> Transparency is set to none and I have tried with only the ortho layer
> added as well as along with several other layers with the ortho either
> on top of the list or on the bottom.

Maybe it's just a matter of choosing a color ramp?
In the properties window for the *.tif raster, in the General section,
choose "Pseudo Colors" instead of "Gray scale". If that displays the
tiff with a selection of colors, then you'll want to switch to "Color
map, and then go over to the Colormap section and set up how many
classifications, and what colors for each...