[Qgis-user] layer from delimited text file

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Fri Jul 23 03:41:43 PDT 2010

Am 23.07.2010 12:10, schrieb Julio Cesar Canales DElgadillo:
 > Hello everybody,
 > I'm trying to create a points layer from a *.csv file into Qgis 1.4,
 > however the application says that my file is not valid and that cannot
 > be loaded. I already checked the format of X and Y cells (as numbers)
 > but it doesn't work. Could anybody give me a tipp or sugestion about
 > what I'm doing wrong to solve this problem?

Hello!

What do you have as decimal separator? Comma (,) or point (.)
For example 13,5 or 13.5?
You'll need the point as decimal separator...

Another problem could be that there is an error in the structure, so the
count of columns is different in different rows - mostly caused by
having the separator in the data...

Can you make the file available, so that we can have a look on it...?

Hope that helps,
Albin