[Qgis-user] WMS with https - not authenticating with server

Vincent Hussey vincent.hussey at opw.ie
Fri Jul 23 08:07:01 PDT 2010

Hi,
Does QGIS support ssl with basic authentication?  My service provider is
using an address of the form
https://path/to/webmapservice?request=getcapabilities&service=wms&version=1.1.1
with a username and password and I am not able to connect.

Looking at the source, in
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/trunk/qgis/src/providers/wms/qgswmsprovider.cpp
I see the code below, which suggests to me that https:// is not
supported. Am I correct in this?  If I am not correct in this, can
someone point me toward a solution?

Thanks

Vincent Hussey

86      // URL may contain username/password information for a WMS
87      // requiring authentication. In this case the URL is prefixed
88      // with username=user,password=pass,url=http://xxx.xxx.xx/yyy...
89      parseUri( uri );
90
91      QgsDebugMsg( "constructing with uri '" + httpuri + "'." );
92
93      // assume this is a valid layer until we determine otherwise
94      valid = true;
95
96
97      // URL can be in 3 forms:
98      // 1) http://xxx.xxx.xx/yyy/yyy
99      // 2) http://xxx.xxx.xx/yyy/yyy?
100      // 3) http://xxx.xxx.xx/yyy/yyy?zzz=www
101
102      mBaseUrl = prepareUri( httpuri );
103
104      mSupportedGetFeatureFormats = QStringList() << "text/html" <<
"text/plain" << "text/xml";
105
106      QgsDebugMsg( "mBaseUrl = " + mBaseUrl );
107
108      QgsDebugMsg( "exiting constructor." );
109    }
110
111    void QgsWmsProvider::parseUri( QString uri )
112    {
113      // Strip off and store the user name and password (if they exist)
114      if ( !uri.startsWith( " http:" ) )

--
Vincent Hussey
Chartered Engineer

Important Notice
The information in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and may also be legally privileged intended
solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed
and are not intended to be relied upon by any person without
subsequent written confirmation of its contents.  The content
of this e-mail is the personal view of the sender and does not
represent the advice, views or opinion of the Office of Public
Works.  Accordingly, the Office of Public Works disclaims all
responsibility and accepts no liability (including in negligence)
for the consequences of any person acting, or refraining from
acting, on such information prior to the receipt by those
persons of subsequent written confirmation.  In particular
(but not by way of limitation) the Office of Public Works
disclaims all responsibility and accepts no liability for any
e-mails or their attachments which are defamatory, offensive,
racist or which in any other way are in breach of an individuals
rights, including breach of confidence, privacy or other rights.
If you have received this e-mail message in error, inform us
immediately at info at opw.ie and delete it and all copies
from your system.
This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has
been checked for the presence of computer viruses.