[Qgis-user] Points2one - group by input field

nikos ves vesnikos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 11:27:35 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 14:47 +0200, MORREALE Jean Roc wrote:
> It would be great if the plugin could parse the file, group the
> feature points sequentially by the input field and only then draw the
> polygon as it would allows a surveyer to stop collecting a long
> feature to collect a small nearby feature and then resume on the
> previous one.

It's not my plugin, so I wont judge if it needs to be fixed or not.

But for as I see, its not a valid bug. What happens if there are two
diff polygons of the same attribute? for example, if the user wants
A:1/2/3, B:3/4/5, A:6/7/8 instead of A:1/2/3/6/7/8 ( points (1 2 3) and
(6 7 8) are far away from each other)

An option to be more strict with the topology, so we all be happy, would
be nice, no doubt.

But for now, what you need is merging two shapes into one, and i almost
certain that there's a tool for that
--
nikos ves <vesnikos at gmail.com>