AW: [Qgis-user] autosave plugin

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:14:41 PST 2010

Hi,
thanks for the feedback.

> I had a look at the code of the autosave plugin some time ago.
> IIRC there is no timer in the plugin that saves it every x minutes or so.
> It looks more like it saves only after a canvas refresh or some othter signal
>  if the interval time is due. So if you don't work with qgis the
>  plugin will not save the project every 10 minutes or so.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, it's quite a time ago, I looked at the plugin.

I'm probably missing something simple, but I still don't understand how
it works as I cannot make to have a project file saved in the chosen
directory. Moreover users that spot this plugin seems to expect really a
tool that saves the project every "x" minutes/hours, and to tell the
truth I also think that this way it would be very useful (if not
already).

thanks in advance

-- Giovanni --