[Qgis-user] Archaeological maps from qGIS and Inkscape

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Thu Nov 25 10:08:31 PST 2010

Le 25/11/2010 18:09, Anna Hodgkinson a écrit :
> Dear All,
>
> I don't think that this document, a practical guide to exporting maps
> from QGIS and editing them using Inkscape, in order to produce
> (archaeological) maps, has been properly announced here yet.
>
> It was written by Christina Robinson of Oxford Archaeology North and
> published online on the OA Library:
> http://library.thehumanjourney.net/366/
>
> I hope many of you will find it useful!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Anna

Hi Anna

Thanks for this doc, we use Illustrator but it is nice to see that the
workflow is similar on InkScape. For our archeological maps, QGIS can't
make directly printable document and need its share of human edition
because of a few problems that this document is evocating :
- the loss of the scale/page format
- the uneditable text labels

Some others would be :
- the difficulty to set a correct font scale with the new label renderer
- no layering (1 qgis's layer = 1 CAD's layer)

Still, it is nice to see that OA is using QGIS instead of gvsig ;)