[Qgis-user] Using shell grass windows.

Kenneth Roy Cabrera Torres krcabrer at une.net.co
Mon Oct 4 07:33:54 PDT 2010

Hi qgis users:

I try to make a "d.mon x0" instruction on the grass shell window,
but it shows me the following message:

using default visual which is TrueColor
ncolors: 16777216
ERROR: No ha sido posible recuperar el valor de la variable de entorno
       GIS_LOCK.
ERROR: No ha sido posible recuperar el valor de la variable de entorno
       GIS_LOCK.
Problema al seleccionar x0. Se intentarĂ¡ otra vez
ERROR: No ha sido posible recuperar el valor de la variable de entorno
       GIS_LOCK.

In english is something like this:

using default visual which is TrueColor
ncolors: 16777216
ERROR: Unable to get GIS_LOCK enviroment variable value
ERROR: Unable to get GIS_LOCK enviroment variable value
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
ERROR: Unable to get GIS_LOCK enviroment variable value

When I begin with qgis I use 1.4.0 qgis version and this
options works fine.

The shell grass window change also. I use to have this window:
          __________  ___   __________    _______________
         / ____/ __ \/   | / ___/ ___/   / ____/  _/ ___/
        / / __/ /_/ / /| | \__ \\_  \   / / __ / / \__ \
       / /_/ / _, _/ ___ |___/ /__/ /  / /_/ // / ___/ /
       \____/_/ |_/_/  |_/____/____/   \____/___//____/

Welcome to GRASS 6.4.1svn (2010)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.osgeo.org/
This version running thru:               Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the GUI with:       g.gui tcltk
When ready to quit enter:                exit

To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
See "man sudo_root" for details.

But now I only obtain this prompt:

kenneth at kenneth-desktop:~$

And nothing else.