[Qgis-user] Re: Announcing "Time Manager" Plugin v 0.1

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Thu Oct 7 15:01:10 PDT 2010

Hello,
a very nice plugin. Thanks for providing it!

I have two questions:

> The aim of Time Manager plugin is to provide comfortable browsing
> through temporal geodata. A dock widget provides a time slider and a
> configuration dialog for management of your layers.
How do I use this with aggregated data:
e.g. a data set of monthly averages of rainfall created from 20 years of
data?
So my data set contains an average value for each month of the year but
no fixed date.

How does this work with netCDF?
QGIS had some problems with these 4D-ready data sets.

See some related threads here:
* Support of 4D (time based) data sets
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Support-of-4D-time-based-data-sets-td5505747.html
* NetCDF Data in GRASS?
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/NetCDF-Data-in-GRASS-td5506213.html
* using GDAL to view netcdf files in GRASS
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/using-GDAL-to-view-netcdf-files-in-GRASS-td4090243.html

Kind regards,
Timmie