[Qgis-user] Polygon colours in existing shape files.

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Fri Oct 8 02:34:57 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have a number of files that are full of filled polygons, which are available as .shp or .tab files. Most of these files represent geological data, so the colours of the polygons are an important part of visually identifying the data. When I was using these in Mapinfo (and from what I saw in Arc) they would come up with the predefined colours consistently.

When I open these up in Qgis, it does not appear to honour these colours (regardless of whether I open the shp or tab file).
Is there a way to get Qgis to use these colours?

If there isn't, is there a quicker way of getting these colours back to what I'm expecting?
At the moment the best I can see is to group them by the code fields and then redo do hundreds of code colours.

-ramon.