[Qgis-user] How to generate closed polygon from unordered set of points

John Helly hellyj at ucsd.edu
Fri Oct 8 11:57:41 PDT 2010

Hi.

I've got an unordered set of x,y pairs that I would like to plot as a line and then interactively edit the line to make a closed polygon.  I've used the points2one plug-in to make an editable line but don't seem to able to join the lines in the correct way by adding/deleting nodes.

Is it possible to do this with Qgis at all and, if so, how?

Thank you.

Cheers.
John Helly, UCSD / San Diego Supercomputer Center / Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Climate, Atmospheric Science, and Physical Oceanography / +01 760 840 8660 mobile / stonesteps (Skype) / stonesteps7 (iChat) / /www.sdsc.edu/~hellyj