[Qgis-user] qgis 1.5 & mrsid

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 10:47:33 PDT 2010

I have qgis 1.5 and gdal1.7.0.  I'm using ubuntugis-unstable repo and
on Kubuntu 10.4

My mr sid images are drawing, but without respect to a coordinate
system.  They show in QGIS non-georeferenced (draws to raw image
coordinates), but doing gdalinfo on it I can see it has spatial
parameters.  Also, there is an .sdw.

When I do the building of gdal and mrsid, I get the following error.
It looks like something changed in the ../include/support directory,
but I am not sure why?

/usr/local$ sudo gdal-mrsid-build Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167
grep: Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167/include/support/lt_base.h: No such file or directory
Extracting GDAL/MrSID tarball
Building GDAL/MrSID plugin
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
checking for gdal-config... /usr/bin/gdal-config
using /usr/lib/gdal17plugins as GDAL shared library autoload directory
checking for lt_base.h in Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167/include/support... not found.
checking for lt_base.h in Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167/include... not found.
configure: error:   MrSID requested, but components not found.

Thanks for any help.  Glad to relay more detailed info to help solve!

Mark