[Qgis-user] qgis 1.5 & mrsid

Mark Seibel mseibel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:34:51 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Brad Nesom <gisbradokla at live.com> wrote:
> Could it have to do with mrsid 1? Mrsid 2 is when the sdw was changed to a
> file header. so in sid2 there is no sdw.
> ??
>
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Mark Seibel <mseibel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have qgis 1.5 and gdal1.7.0.  I'm using ubuntugis-unstable repo and
>> on Kubuntu 10.4
>>
>> My mr sid images are drawing, but without respect to a coordinate
>> system.  They show in QGIS non-georeferenced (draws to raw image
>> coordinates), but doing gdalinfo on it I can see it has spatial
>> parameters.  Also, there is an .sdw.
>>
>> When I do the building of gdal and mrsid, I get the following error.
>> It looks like something changed in the ../include/support directory,
>> but I am not sure why?
>>
>> /usr/local$ sudo gdal-mrsid-build Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167
>> grep: Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167/include/support/lt_base.h: No such file or
>> directory
>> Extracting GDAL/MrSID tarball
>> Building GDAL/MrSID plugin
>> checking for gcc... gcc
>> checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
>> checking whether the C compiler works... yes
>> checking whether we are cross compiling... no
>> checking for suffix of executables...
>> checking for suffix of object files... o
>> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
>> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
>> checking for g++... g++
>> checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
>> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
>> checking for ranlib... ranlib
>> checking for g++ -shared ... yes
>> checking for gdal-config... /usr/bin/gdal-config
>> using /usr/lib/gdal17plugins as GDAL shared library autoload directory
>> checking for lt_base.h in Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167/include/support... not
>> found.
>> checking for lt_base.h in Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167/include... not found.
>> configure: error:   MrSID requested, but components not found.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.  Glad to relay more detailed info to help solve!
>>
>> Mark

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I completely follow, but yes, there does seem to be a
difference.  I have just displayed older sid file, and it is spatially
referenced.  The new one is not, but has definition in the sid file
and sdw.

Any suggestions or links to where I can get more information?

Thanks,
Mark