AW: Re: [Qgis-user] building qgis on mac os x

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Sep 4 14:26:30 PDT 2010

On Sep 4, 2010, at 3:39 PM, Ziegler Stefan wrote:

> ld: warning: in /Users/stefan/Develop/src/qgis_trunk/mac/xcode/build/snow/Release/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libqwt.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
> Undefined symbols:
> "QwtAbstractScaleDraw::setScaleDiv(QwtScaleDiv const&)", referenced from:
> QwtPolarGrid::updateScaleDiv(QwtScaleDiv const&, QwtScaleDiv const&, QwtDoubleInterval const&)in qwt_polar_grid.o
> QwtPolarGrid::updateScaleDiv(QwtScaleDiv const&, QwtScaleDiv const&, QwtDoubleInterval const&)in qwt_polar_grid.o
> It seems that there is something wrong with my Qwt stuff. How can I check if all is installed correctly? And can I build Qgis without PyQwt/Qwt support?

It's possible you compiled Qwt 64bit-only (very likely, since 64bit is default on Snow for all but the first core solo/duo Macs).  Then you left Qgis at the default 32+64bit (you changed SDKSYS to "snow", and left ARCHS at the default "i386 x86_64").

Hmmm.... maybe I should change those defaults.  I set up the xcode project with packaging in mind, where you would want to cover all supported variations of a system version, ie "universal".  But really, one-off builds by users will most likely be for the system they're building on.  And the Qgis installation instructions are single-arch.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect