[Qgis-user] SDA4P: problem with rJava (iplots)

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 06:30:52 PDT 2010

Hi!
I have installed all R components for SDA4P but if I select

Components/R packages
package iplots is selected as missing.

Nevertheless, if I open an R console I can load iplots with no problem-

Also, if I run qgis from a terminal, I get:

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
  call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
  error: unable to load shared library
'/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rJava/libs/rJava.so':
  libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error: package 'rJava' could not be loaded
LoadRlib | loadIplot | iplots load error.
LoadRlib | loadAutomap | automap package loaded.

So it seems that the problem is rJava, but I can require(rJava) in a R session
with no problem. Could it be that the test is not correctly done or do
I have a problem
on my side?

Thanks!

Agus