[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS & windows xp 64 bit

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 14:49:09 PDT 2010

> Perhaps in your windows-xp qgis (or the python) was installed in the
> wrong directory (64 bit).

I cannot tell for sure now, as actually it seems that also under xp
32bit the last osgeo4w installer has problems.

I made a XP 32bit fresh install moments ago and with both osgeo4w and
standalone installer qgis does not start

"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc01500002)"

Moreover under xp 64bit, when it comes to choose the packages/libs with
the osgeo4w installer, the dependencies are not automatically checked,
that makes the installation pretty hard.

The standalone fails under XP 64bit with the same error

"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc01500002)"

cheers

-- Giovanni --