[Qgis-user] GDAL tools

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 03:30:43 PDT 2010

Hi Julio,

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Julio Cesar Canales DElgadillo <
cadj0506 at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:

>  Hello everybody,
>
> I'm experiencing some problems with the GDAL tools package on Quantun
> Thetys (1.5.0). When I try to run the applications of GDAL tools (any of
> them) I recieve a error message, first: "gdal(name of app).exe stopped
> working" and then another one: "The process was interrupted some time after
> starting successfully". Somebody knows how to solve this problem?

Are you on Win, aren't it?  In this case, see at [1]:
rename or remove %SOGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\gdal-16\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_GRASS.dll

> I also have other question, any of you could please tell me how to cut a
> shp in a different extent (smaller) and then convert it into raster? Thank
> you in advance.

Look at the QGis menus:
for clipping, you can use Vector -> Geoprocessing Tools -> Clip
then Raster -> Rasterize to convert the result in raster.

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/161

--
Giuseppe Sucameli