[Qgis-user] Re: Testing the CSW plugin

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 07:38:22 PDT 2011

Firstly of all,
my thx
for this very interesting plugin.

>> There is some information available on this plugin ?
>There is a short description here http://gis-lab.info/qa/cswclient-eng.html
.
>Hope this helps.

thx for info.
I read the description and analyze better the interoperability with the CSW
of GeoNetwork.

>The "Add WMS" button enabled only for records with "liveData" type.

Yes, this is clearly readable in your docs.
Unfortunately, GeoNetwork's CSW populate the "type" of the csw response
using the
value from the tag "hierarchy-level".
This value has a set of availables values, but there isn't the "liveData"
value as optional value.
So I'm not able to produce a good metadata able to activate this very
interesting function.

>From a quick search I guess the "liveData" is available only in the
esri-systems.
So perhaps is an enhancement of the esri-profile.

In the ISO19115/19139 specs for the tag HierarchyLevel (for the csw-type
tag) could be the "service" value.

However I like better understand why is need to have only the metadata
"liveData" as WMSadd-able.
I guess, instead, that every metadata having an URL and a protocol named
OGC-WMS could be a good candidate to have the "AddWMS" button available.

Regards,

Andrea Peri.

--
Andrea Peri