[Qgis-user] converting espg 4326

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Dec 1 01:17:17 PST 2011

 sorry - unless you are more specific I am unable to help.

 What difference does it make if it is cloude-made or QGIS/OGR-made? It
 seems like your PDA app is a bit picky. Maybe a projection limitation or
 an encoding limitation?

 As I already said you can change the projection to some other
 projection and you can also set the encoding.

 Andreas

 On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:42:17 +1000, steve sgalowski wrote:
> ty for your help andreas , but the program i have on my pda , does
> not
> accept this type of shap file  espg 4326 , but it accepts shape files
> from cloud made but only some
> .
> Stephen
>

> On 01/12/2011, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
>>  hm - what do you mean by that? EPSG 4326 is just one projection
>> format
>>  (like thousands of other projections). All shapefile readers should
>> be
>>  able to deal with it.
>>
>>  In QGIS, when you save to a Shapefiles you can even select the
>> target
>>  projection and it will automatically project the data for you.
>>
>>  Hope this helps,
>>  Andreas
>>
>>  On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 18:31:10 +1000, steve sgalowski wrote:
>>> is there away to convert espg 4326 to standard shp files , that
>>> programs can use ?
>>
>> --
>>  --
>>  Andreas Neumann